[Python-Dev] tempfile.TemporaryFile on Windows NT

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Sep 15 23:18:10 CEST 2004

Tim Peters wrote:
> I suppose.  The file wrapper on Windows never bothered me, although
> Windows breakage in the tempfile code has cost me plenty of grief.  So
> I'm much more concerned about not breaking it again than in repairing
> an inelegance that didn't violate my sense of aesthetics to begin with
> <wink>.

Ah, ok. This is probably the time to present my case: Somebody
complained on c.l.p that isinstance(tempfile.TemporaryFile(), file)
gives True on Linux but False on Windows. While this result is
"in principle correct", I think something can be done to make it
correct practically, too.

Regards,
Martin