[Python-Dev] Re: Missing arguments in RE functions

Raymond Hettinger raymond.hettinger at verizon.net
Fri Sep 10 09:50:31 CEST 2004

> I tend to agree with Raymond.  FWIW, I think it's clearer to define
the
> function API as pattern objects equivalent in functionality than as
> shortcuts for trivial cases

I'm down to +0 on the request.  Keeping the API stable is also
important.  And, Fred's effort to separate basic from advanced seems
reasonable.

Filling in the missing docs for existing flag, start, and stop args is a
good idea and should probably be done even if the function API changes
are rejected.

Raymond