[Python-Dev] Re: Re: Alternative Implementationfor PEP292:SimpleString Substitutions

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Sep 8 18:56:10 CEST 2004

M.-A. Lemburg wrote

> for the sake of making Templates compatible to i18n tools like gettext).

assuming that gettext really always returns a template if you hand it a template,
of course.

given that the 2.4 gettext doesn't seem to map templates to templates on
my machine, that there's no sign of template support in the 2.4 gettext source
code, and that Barry ignored my question about this, I have to assume that
the I18N argument is yet another bogus argument.

</F>