[Python-Dev] Subversion

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Sep 7 23:32:53 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 17:02, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> The biggest complaint I've heard, and I believe the reason for the
> optional alternative database implementation in 1.1,  is that the
> Berkeley DB must be on a single local volume.

Having nothing to do with svn's choice of bdb, my biggest complaint
about subversion is its lack of a mature merging algorithm.  Still, it's
not worse than cvs and there are plenty of other advantages.  We also
had some horrendous stability problems early on, but it looks like the
newer versions are pretty stable.  We haven't lost any data or seen
mysterious re-appearances in months <wink>.

-Barry