[Python-Dev] Isn't the trunk still frozen?

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 23:01:08 CEST 2004

[Anthony Baxter]
> I'm very concerned by this bugreport:
>
> http://www.python.org/sf/1022010
>
> My windows box has a dodgy RAID card, so I can't check it myself,
> but the -n -e is definately in Tools/msi/msi.py. I have no ideas
> whether they're meant to be - the msi stuff is a complete unknown
> to me.
>
> Martin?

I think the bug report got it right:  due to copy-'n-paste error, the
associations for .py (etc) files were mistakely given IDLE-specific
arguments.  So they don't work.  Everyone on c.l.py who noticed this
(the bug report isn't unique) quickly figured out how to fix it
themself (by editing the file assocations created on their box to get
rid of the inappropriate arguments).

Presumably Martin can fix that by building a new MSI installer after
repairing the MSI setup.  If he does that before doing a cvs up, it's
"just" a matter of cutting a new Windows installer.