[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 309 updated slightly

Alex Naanou alex.nanou at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 01:59:01 CEST 2004

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 14:49:02 -0700, Scott David Daniels
<scott.daniels at acm.org> wrote:
> Alex Naanou wrote:
>
> >        if isinstance(func, LCurry) or isinstance(func, RCurry):
> ^^ is better written as:
>          if isinstance(func, (LCurry, RCurry)):

I know! :)
 ...and it also is faster!
but that particular code was a) written quite a while back. b) at my
course at the MSU the students seem to have ALLOT less trouble
understanding the existing version of the code.... (I did try both...)

yes, this is a bit of a trade-off.... need to think about it a bit more!

though this an off-topic here, but it would indeed be interesting to
know if anyone has a different opinion....

Thanks! ^_^

---
Alex.