[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Modules threadmodule.c, 2.56, 2.56.8.1

Jeremy Hylton jhylton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 20:26:55 CEST 2004

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 19:36:43 +0200, "Martin v. Löwis"
<martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> I'm not Anthony (neither, actually), but I do think this is a new
> feature, not a bug fix - assuming we are talking about the changes
> between datetime.h in 2.3 and 2.4.
>
> This introduces datetime.datetime_CAPI, which is a C object
> allowing cross-module datetime calls at the C level.
>
> This change is very unlikely to break existing code, as existing
> code just won't use that new API. This is good for a backport.
>
> At the same time, this also clearly shows it is a new feature:
> only new code can use it.

Of late, I've found the True / False introduction in later 2.2
releases to be a pain.  I'm writing code on a machine that has 2.2.2,
but I occasionally run into machines with earlier versions of 2.2 and
then my code fails.  It would be easier if it didn't work on any 2.2
release, then I wouldn't be lulled into thinking it will work.

Jeremy