[Python-Dev] Re: Re: Coernic Desktop Search versus shutil.rmtree

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Sep 2 20:17:45 CEST 2004

Guido van Rossum wrote

> I surely hope Fredrik was being facetious.

not necessarily. The rmtree function already takes a couple of flags; I wouldn't
mind seeing a "try harder" option for platforms like windows.

(but a better solution would probably be a way to "override" the functions
used to remove files and directories.  I've had to copy and tweak the rmtree
code quite a few times, usually to deal with cases where the tree might con-
tain read-only files...)

</F>