[Python-Dev] RE: logging needs better documentation

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 29 03:48:22 CEST 2004

Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     Neal> You do realize, that this is the first time I even looked at
>     Neal> logging, and I'm learning a few things with more effort than I
>     Neal> think it should take.  The fact remains, that I now have about 2
>     Neal> hours worth of experience with it, so don't you think I'm about
>     Neal> the last person you should ask to write the doc?
>
> Don't shortchange yourself.  The sorts of examples that would be useful to a
> rank beginner are often the most useful.

I'm with Skip - even a clear & concise description of what you found
most confusing can help with the update process.

Updating the docs to clarify a couple of specific points (or add in a
few specific usage examples) is much easier (and far more likely to get
done) than a general attempt to "improve the logging documentation".

Cheers,
Nick.