[Python-Dev] RE: logging needs better documentation

Neal D. Becker ndbecker2 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 28 19:25:07 CEST 2004

Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Michael> Neal Becker writes:
>     >> There is only a single example in the logging module documentation.
>     >> Please add more examples!
>
>     Michael> You are completely right... I am sure that those docs need to
>     Michael> be improved.
>
>     Michael> Would you be willing to write up some improved docs?
>
> In an attempt to not discourage Neal, wholesale rewrites are not
> necessary. If you can submit plain text (or ReST) of an (expanded?)
> Examples section
> that would be great.  One of us python-dev peons can convert your
> submission
> to LaTeX easily enough.  (And Fred can correct our mistakes.)

You do realize, that this is the first time I even looked at logging, and
I'm learning a few things with more effort than I think it should take.
The fact remains, that I now have about 2 hours worth of experience with
it, so don't you think I'm about the last person you should ask to write
the doc?