[Python-Dev] TRUNK UNFROZEN (release is done)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Oct 26 19:41:37 CEST 2004

Jim Fulton wrote:
> No features.  I just think it makes more sense to create the release
> branch when you make the first beta.

That is common in other projects. It does have the problem that you
have to apply bug-fixes twice, which is tedious to do. Not branching
only hurts if there are significant sub-projects that need to share
up-to-date sources, which is not the case for Python.

We don't even branch for the final release, which I consider a
(minor) flaw. Instead, the maintenance branch is created *after* the
release.

Regards,
Martin