[Python-Dev] Patches

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Wed Oct 20 08:47:29 CEST 2004

[Bob]
> Speaking of "price", perhaps PSF donations should be factored into
> getting a patch reviewed?

Since we're talking about volunteered time, any reviewer can use any
basis they want for selecting what to address.

Martin's price of review is a way of trying to leverage his time.
Because he has broad expertise, often he is the only to spend time with
otherwise neglected bugs or patches.  If others followed his example, we
would have less of a backlog.

> I'm probably only saying this because I've
> donated, have some patches in the queue that aren't yet reviewed

Please list them out in an email and I'll look them over.

>, and
> don't really have the spare time/energy to review a stockpile of Other
> People's Patches ;) I think my open-source-python-time is better spent
> working on the Mac distribution problems (py2app, bdist_pkg, etc.)
than
> reviewing other people's patches...

Ah, there's the rub.

Raymond