Fwd: [Python-Dev] Python 2.4b1 on win32 installer bug?

Alex A. Naanou alex.nanou at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 00:05:21 CEST 2004

Martin wrote:
> Also, upgrading from 2.4a3 (with extensions installed) to 2.4b1
> (with no extensions) would have the same effect - there is simply
> no support for restoring older versions of the extensions when
> uninstalling (and upgrading from 2.4a3 to 2.4b1 is actually the
> same as uninstalling 2.4a3 first).
this appears to be exactly the case with me, I run both the 2.3 and
2.4 branches on the same box... and I upgraded py2.4a3 to py2.4b1.
the funny thing is that when I installed Py2.4a3 some time back all
went well. this time the installer restored the last setup options
(except the setup dir... I do not use %systemdrive%\python24\) and
removed ALL file associations, including for Py2.3.4, and messed up
the overall python registry configuration! (which is quite odd....).

--
Alex.