[Python-Dev] Python 2.4b1 on win32 installer bug?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Oct 19 22:36:59 CEST 2004

Thomas Heller wrote:
> Can it be that deinstallation of Python-2.4a3.msi (which I did before
> 2.4b1 was installed) removed the association of Python files with
> Python-2.3?

I don't call exactly, but this could very well be possible. When I
tried to support advertising extensions, a side effect was that not
installing the extensions would just remove the previous extensions;
this is meant to be fixed in 2.4b1.

Also, upgrading from 2.4a3 (with extensions installed) to 2.4b1
(with no extensions) would have the same effect - there is simply
no support for restoring older versions of the extensions when
uninstalling (and upgrading from 2.4a3 to 2.4b1 is actually the
same as uninstalling 2.4a3 first).

Regards,
Martin