[Python-Dev] Re: import w/options

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Oct 19 11:09:26 CEST 2004

Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at verizon.net> writes:

> Michael Hudson wrote:
>
>> "Neal D. Becker" <ndbecker2 at verizon.net> writes:
>>
>>> I have an application where it would be useful to set RTLD_GLOBAL on
>>> dlopen
>>> when import is used.  Currently, python doesn't provide this option.  Why
>>> not allow an optional argument to import that would allow this?
>>
>> I take it you'd be interested to learn about sys.setdlopenflags?
>>

> Could be.  But I checked the current cvs python source, and what I see is
> dlopen is called with flags set to 0.  What am I missing?

I don't know.  That's not what I see in current CVS... the dlopen call
I'm on about is line 130 of Python/dynload_shlib.c.  (I notice that
sys.setdlopenflags is present on Darwin, where it isn't going to make
much difference...).

Cheers,
mwh

--
39. Re graphics:  A picture is worth 10K words - but only those
    to describe the picture.  Hardly any sets of 10K words can be