[Python-Dev] alternate pty module available

J Raynor raynorj at mn.rr.com
Mon Oct 18 03:26:55 CEST 2004

See the following threads for some background:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-September/049085.html
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-September/049092.html

I've created a python module called altpty that uses code from Openssh
to implement openpty() and forkpty() functions.  They should work across
more platforms than the functions from the standard pty module.

The module can be downloaded from:

http://home.mn.rr.com/raynorj/altpty.tar.gz

Installation instructions are in the INSTALL file.  I believe you'll
need python 2.2 or better to build the module.  There's still some
cleanup work that could be done, but the module works, and I wanted to
make it available and see if there was any real interest in it before I
put too much effort into getting everything just so.

Send comments or bug reports to raynorj AT mn.rr.com.