[Python-Dev] Adding support for %U and %W for strptime in b2

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Oct 18 00:53:29 CEST 2004

http://www.python.org/sf/1045381 is a bug report about how strptime does
nothing with %U and %W directives (week of the year with differences in whether
Sunday or Monday starts the week).  I just finished getting the algorithm to
calculate the date given the year, either of %U or %W and the day of the week.

Now the question is whether this is a bug fix or a feature implementation.  If
it is a bug fix I can check it right in.  The only reason it wasn't in since
the beginning is I didn't think of the day of the week being all you needed to
figure out the date with %W or %U.  If it is considered a feature, though, I
will just add a note that %U and %W consume values but do nothing with them.

So, what do you all think?

-Brett