[Python-Dev] Supporting packages on the command line

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 16 00:49:34 CEST 2004

Brett C. wrote:
> Barry Warsaw wrote:
>> Okay, based on the discussions so far, I'm going to have to agree.
>> While I do think it's a very useful feature, it's more important to do
>> it right than to do it right now.  Which means it should probably go
>> through the full PEP treatment.
>>

> +1 from me.

Works for me, too. I don't think the PEP has to be particularly
*complicated* - it just needs to nail down specific semantics so
everyone is talking about the same thing.

And it should point out that this has nothing to do with changing the
idiom for making modules that also work as scripts. If people want to do
that, they can write their own PEP ;)

I'll see if I can come up with a first draft this weekend.

Cheers,
Nick.