[Python-Dev] Supporting packages on the command line

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Fri Oct 15 07:40:13 CEST 2004

On Friday 15 October 2004 12:36 am, Anthony Baxter wrote:
 > I'm extremely unconvinced that the semantics of "-m package" or
 > "-m package.module" are suitably well thought out to see it in b1.

I don't see this as a useful feature at all, so I guess I'm biased, but if
it's hard to decide just what the right semantics are, this certainly isn't
the time for it.  We won't be able to change it substantially later due to
backward compatibility constraints.

 > If a single compelling way of making it work can be seen in the
 > next week, _maybe_ we could sneak it into b2, but I'm really not
 > hopeful.

Let's keep it out of 2.4 and see what proposals show up for 2.5.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>