[Python-Dev] About the Wise installer on Windows

Alexandre Parenteau aparente at adobe.com
Wed Oct 13 18:27:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

Again forgive me if the answer is somewhere, but I could not find it.

I am looking for a way to build and make an installer out of Python on a
Win x86_64 platform which is not supported yet by the Python team.

My plan is to compile Python for this platform (several developers on the
list told me it should be straightforward), and make an installer out of
the Python binaries in order to be able to distribute the Python binaries
internally.

I downloaded the evaluation copy of Wise Installer System 9, but it
complains that the installer file (which I assume is PCBuild\Python20.wse)
is corrupted.

I need to establish exactly the version of the installer to use, if we need
to acquire a license for the Wise installer.

- Could someone give me some pointer about the exact version of the Wise
Installer to use in order to be able to replicate the same installer that
the Python team is distributing on Windows?
- The ISS files (Inno) do not seem up to date. Is anybody having a ISS
version of the installer which works for 2.3.4?

Thanks,
alex.