[Python-Dev] test_subprocess fails on OSX

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Wed Oct 13 16:24:46 CEST 2004

On OSX 10.3.4, test_subprocess is failing intermittently when run
from regrtest:

test_subprocess
     this bit of output is from a test of stdout in a different process ...
test test_subprocess failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Users/anthonybaxter/pyhead/src/Lib/test/test_subprocess.py",
line 434, in test_close_fds
     self.assertEqual(p.stdout.read(), "3")
AssertionError: '4' != '3'

Running just the test by itself works. I'm guessing it could be part of
the test suite leaking a FD or something? Anyone know of a tool on OSX
that I can run to examine open FDs for a process?