[Python-Dev] Re: python/dist/src/Lib subprocess.py,NONE,1.1

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Oct 13 09:54:15 CEST 2004

Thomas Heller wrote:

> I suggest to remove the imports of the pywin32 stuff, it's not needed
> and confuses tools like freeze or py2exe.

That's really a problem with the tools, not with the module.  Demanding that
users of a dynamic language use only static linking is really silly.

Wouldn't it be better to invent a (pragma-level) syntax so that a module can
inform the tool about its intentions?

(removing the pywin stuff from the module would hamper development of new
features, and also make it harder to verify that the _subprocess module works
as it should).

</F>