[Python-Dev] Python on Windows 64bits?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Oct 12 21:36:59 CEST 2004

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004, Alexandre Parenteau wrote:

> Sorry if I'm asking something that has been answered before, but I could
> not find a clear answer anywhere.
>
> Is there a project page for Windows 64bits? Is it already on CVS?
>
> My company tries to assess if we can plan on using python on Windows 64
> bits.
>
> We want to do it natively (i.e. no 32b emulation), because we have some
> python extensions we want to use in the process.

In theory, it should "just work".  Python is already 64-bit compliant;
any issues are likely to be problems with Microsoft compilers.  You
should probably ask on comp.lang.python unless you uncover specific
problems that you believe are caused by Python itself.

WiFi is the SCSI of the 21st Century -- there are fundamental technical
reasons for sacrificing a goat.  (with no apologies to John Woods)