[Python-Dev] Re: subprocess - updated popen5 module

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Tue Oct 12 19:15:55 CEST 2004

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> FWIW, I've given Peter some feedback, but in general I think this code
> is ready for inclusion into 2.4. I hope it's not too late. (My
> recommendation on the call/callv issue is to get rid of callv(), and
> instead let call() interpret multiple string args as such; a single
> string arg will be interpreted as a whole command line, per Popen();
> if you want a single file arg you have to enclose it in [...].)

2.4b1 is planned for this Thursday. I'm taking Wednesday off work to
commit a backlog of patches I want to see in, then plan to cut the
release Thursday. I can probably move this to Friday, if it would
help this get in. I _really_ don't want this landing after b1, tho -
that kinda makes the entire release process pointless if we're landing
stuff that late.

I'm off to sleep now - could Peter or whoever else is likely to do
the work let me know? If it's just a matter of doing the checkin,
and making sure all the fiddly bits are done, you could also point
me at a patch and I'll do it.