[Python-Dev] Re: Struct module format code addition (previously was in the subprocess thread)

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 01:36:32 CEST 2004

[Josiah Carlson]
>> Note that everyone involved believes that binascii.from/to_long should
>> be added (I think it was even pronounced by Guido).

[Guido]
> I'm in favor of adding the latter only. Is there a patch?

No.  It would be easy enough, but nobody had time for it.  AFAICT, not
even the signatures for such functions have been fully worked out yet.
 Since it would be a small and self-contained addition, I wouldn't
worry about adding it after the beta.  I wouldn't worry much more
about adding g/G after either, for that matter.