[Python-Dev] test_pep263.py is "-kb" in CVS

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Oct 11 17:25:21 CEST 2004

Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com> writes:

> [Michael Hudson]
>> As subject.  Is this deliberate?
>
> Don't know, but guess so:  it contains bytes outside the set ANSI C
> says can be used portably in text files.
>
>> It breaks test_compiler,
>
> That must be platform-specific damage, but you haven't identified your platform.

Well, yes, but this information isn't especially relavent.  It's
obviously a different platform from whoever edited the file
last... I'm on linux, though.

>> though that's possibly a bug because test_compiler should be using universal
>> newlines modes when opening the file,
>
> Probably, yes.
>
>> but still...
>
> So stop whining and fix it <wink>.

I have done and am waiting for test_compiler to finish ... that allows
for a lot of whining :)

Cheers,
mwh

--
  There are two kinds of large software systems: those that evolved
  from small systems and those that don't work.