[Python-Dev] Re: Re: Re: subprocess - updated popen5 module

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Oct 10 08:42:01 CEST 2004

Guido wrote:

> I don't know. Writing Windows interface modules is a highly
> specialized form of torture, requiring arcane expertise.

Despite that, some of us can do this in our sleep (including writing the bindings).
I find it somewhat sad that some people don't want us to contribute to Python.

While we have you on line, can you pronounce on the subprocess module?  The
code is written by highly experienced programmers, it has been widely tested,
it's entirely self-contained, builds and runs under 2.2 and later, has an extensive
test suite and a PEP (which can be quickly turned into a library reference section),
and replaces several fragile API:s in the current library with a single, well-defined
construct.  If this isn't good enough for the standard library, I don't see what is.

</F>