[Python-Dev] Re: '-m' option (was RE: ConfigParser patches)

Mon Oct 4 17:30:35 CEST 2004

Carlos Ribeiro wrote:
> ... I've often became frustrated to have to type long (I mean looooong)
 > paths by hand, without autocompletion to help (Windows DOS box!)...

Carlos, if you are using CMD.EXE (that is, on Win2K or XP), try running

CMD /F:ON  (I have a desktop link to cmd.exe that does this).
This gives Ctrl-F to complete filenames and Ctrl-D for directories.
You can change the keys used by tweaking the registry, but I've never
felt the need.  You'll get a description from "help cmd".

--
-- Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org