[Python-Dev] ConfigParser patches

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Sat Oct 2 00:31:14 CEST 2004

> Well, for me personally, .ini style config files still win over XML
> every day. And I now have significant experience with both here at
> ESI.
>
> What sucks (relatively) is the specific way that ConfigParser provides
> access to .ini files; I always end up writing a wrapping layer around
> it.

Me too.  I like the .ini file format (mail header formats will
always win over XML for config files, I suspect), but had to wrap it
for my latest project.

Mainly for two reasons:  to describe a hierarchy of config files to
process when called, and to provide getint, getbool, and getfloat
methods.

Bill