[Python-Dev] Looking for authoritative documentation on packages, import & ihooks

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Wed Nov 17 11:19:08 CET 2004

Michael Hudson wrote:
>>>Python is open source, so what is wrong with reading import.c?
>>
>>I've tried.  I usually stop when the pool of blood from my eyeballs
>>rises above my ankles <0.9 wink>.
>

> I'm glad to hear this isn't just me :-)

Far from it. . . I was looking around in there when I was implementing the '-m'
switch. I *think* I kinda sorta figured out how normal imports usually work
(well enough to determine there was not yet a C API equivalent to
imp.find_module, anyway). Figuring out what sys.metapath does, on the other
hand. . .

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan               |     Brisbane, Australia
Email: ncoghlan at email.com  | Mobile: +61 409 573 268