[Python-Dev] proposal+patch: sys.gettickeraccumulation()

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 03:02:39 CET 2004

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
> As we work on new algorithms we can easily monitor the time/tick
> without a runtime penalty. As long as the ratio stays reasonably high
> (e.g. because we use numarray-like array operations already coded in
> C++) we don't have to do anything. If the ratio goes down significantly
> we can run the profiler to do detailed analysis of the new code.

That seems like a reasonable approach to me - one could easily make use
of the ticker information in a test framework. So I'll withdraw my
objection and give the new function a +0.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan               |     Brisbane, Australia
Email: ncoghlan at email.com  | Mobile: +61 409 573 268