[Python-Dev] @boo @hiss def NewDeclSyntaxSux():

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Nov 11 22:38:45 CET 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004, whisper at oz.net wrote:

> Hmm... wander off for a bit and come back to find that Python has taken
> a big step towards being an Ugly Language[tm].
>
> I can hardly wait for the advent of $ and # as some sort of syntactial
> marker.
>
> Being in beta, it's obviously too late to do anything about it, but I
> think this is going to turn out to be a REALLY BAD MOVE.

While I agree with you, please remember that python-dev is a mailing list
where language should stay at the professional level.  If you want to
emote, please use comp.lang.python instead.

WiFi is the SCSI of the 21st Century -- there are fundamental technical
reasons for sacrificing a goat.  (with no apologies to John Woods)