[Python-Dev] Synchronous and Asynchronous servers in the standard library

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro gjc at inescporto.pt
Mon Nov 8 19:42:50 CET 2004

  Hello,

  I recently felt the need to have a main loop with timeouts and IO
notifications, such as the one found in pygtk's gobject module (wrapping
glib functions).  However, I did not want to add a dependency of pygtk
to this program.  Therefore I implemented a main loop module in python.

  I think that both asyncore and twisted are a bit too high-level.  I
like the low-level event driven approach much better.  It's easier to
understand.  That's why I wrote this.

  There's a unit test, and it seems to work, but this code is still
recent and not very well tested.

http://yang.inescn.pt/~gjc/pymainloop/

  Just so you know this exists...

  Regards.