[Python-Dev] TRUNK FROZEN for 2.4b2 release from 0000UTC 3rdNovember (tomorrrow)

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Nov 5 06:37:53 CET 2004

Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> [Bob Ippolito]
>
>>The thing is that the incompatible change is going in, but the
>>compatible changes (the reason for the incompatible change) are not.
>>This is very peculiar.
>

> [Anthony]
>
>>Bear in mind that we've had _no_ macpython releases in the 2.4 cycle
>>so far, that I'm aware of. This is really a platform-specific build
>>issue.
>

> Poor Bob, this reasonable request has been kicked around too much.
>
> It is a simple thing that strips unnecessary stuff out of the build.
> Will someone who has a Mac please apply.

If someone else wants to apply it I have uploaded my revision of Bob's patch to
SF (just make sure to run autoconf; patch is at
http://www.python.org/sf/1035255 ).  And I don't see why a Mac user needs to
apply it since I have personally tested it to the best of my abilities.

But as I have said I will not apply unless Anthony gives me a clear "yes" to do
so.  Call me over-cautious and annoying.

-Brett