[Python-Dev] TRUNK FROZEN for 2.4b2 release from 0000UTC 3rd November (tomorrrow)

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Nov 4 01:14:31 CET 2004

On Nov 3, 2004, at 18:52, Anthony Baxter wrote:

> Bob Ippolito wrote:
>> Argh!  It's nothing crazy, it removes incorrect linker flags and
>> delegates two Mac-specific API functions to where they belong.
>
> I asked this question on #macpython, but didn't get a response - I
> understand the costs for removing this are slight, but I'm not sure
> what the benefits of not linking the frameworks in are? Anyone?

I don't see your question in my backlog of #macpython, my client must
have been disconnected at that time?

It should shrink the memory footprint of Python and cause it to start
up a bit faster (unsure if this difference is going to be very
measurable).  It might also produce a binary that's compatible with
both Darwin and Mac OS X (untested, I have no Darwin installation).

-bob