[Python-Dev] TRUNK FROZEN for 2.4b2 release from 0000UTC 3rd November (tomorrrow)

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Nov 3 23:57:26 CET 2004

Anthony Baxter wrote:
> Just van Rossum wrote:
>
>> I don't get it. This is about an undocumented Mac-specific API function
>> that noone uses (not even Python itself) which was introduced in 2.3. It
>> just needs to be ripped out. I don't mind if it's done after b2, but I
>> agree with Bob that it needs to be taken out before 2.4 final. Jack,
>> would you agree?

I think Bob also wanted to get the whole patch in that removed compiling the
core against CoreFoundation and CoreServices.  I am not comfortable doing that
without more lead into a beta than this so I am holding off until 2.5 for that.

> FWIW, I don't mind having this done either way...

OK, then I will just rip it out and skip the deprecation warning.

-Brett