[Python-Dev] TRUNK FROZEN for 2.4b2 release from 0000UTC 3rd November (tomorrrow)

Just van Rossum just at letterror.com
Wed Nov 3 08:38:54 CET 2004

Brett C. wrote:

> OK, great.  I will add the deprecation warning once the trunk is
> unfrozen and plan on applying the full patch for removing the
> compilation once 2.5 is open for work.
>
> Sorry I couldn't get my act together fast enough to get this in for
> 2.4, Bob.

I don't get it. This is about an undocumented Mac-specific API function
that noone uses (not even Python itself) which was introduced in 2.3. It
just needs to be ripped out. I don't mind if it's done after b2, but I
agree with Bob that it needs to be taken out before 2.4 final. Jack,
would you agree?

Just