[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 318: Decorators last before colon

Mark Russell marktrussell at btopenworld.com
Wed Mar 31 15:31:56 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 20:20, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > I suggest that the the break-less solution
> >
> > [classmethod, logged, debug] def function(args):
>
> Sorry, can't do that with the current parser.

Actually I think that's a good thing - it forces everyone to format
things the same way.  I was a fan of the "def foo() [decorator]" syntax
but I've changed my mind - this way has several things going for it:

	- Simple implementation
	- More or less forces one style of code layout
	- Doesn't break tools that look for "def foo(" type patterns
`	- Short-circuits the endless syntax discussion :-)

Mark Russell