[Python-Dev] Expert floats

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Tue Mar 30 14:54:16 EST 2004

Did I miss the issue here?

Floating point represetnations are a problem because for some decimal
representations coverting the decimal form to binary and then back to
decimal does not (necessarily) return the same value.  There's a large
literature on this problem and known solutions.  (See, for example Guy
Steele's paper on printing floating point.)