[Python-Dev] Possible resolution of generatorexpressionvariablecapture dilemma

jiwon jiwon at softwise.co.kr
Thu Mar 25 04:07:45 EST 2004

[Raymond]
> In deciding on semantics, we would all rather trade away some power in
> exchange for greater clarity about what the expression will do without
> having to run it.  Put another way, human interpretability is more
> important than supporting weird usages.  With that criteria,
> early-binding is looking to be least nuanced approach.

(If I could say my opinion on this,) I agree that human interpretability is
more important than supporting weird -or seldomly used- usages, and that
early-binding(but without any precomputation) is clearest approach.
Furthermore, I think closures should capture variables, too, but it seems
that's too much change for now :)

Regards, jiwon.