[Python-Dev] Re: Changes to PEP 327: Decimal data type

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Mar 18 11:33:02 EST 2004

"Shane Hathaway" <shane at zope.com> wrote in message
news:4059C923.60904 at zope.com...
> I can understand that.  alllowercaseismuchworsethough. ;-)

This reminds me of written Sanskrit, which has no caps and in which words
in a phrase or sentence are run together as much as possible (with final
and initial symbols also sometimes combined as one).  This is partly due to
the syllabic nature of the alphabet and partly because the writing was
invented to phonetically transcribe Vedic chants and song stories.

> I do too, since IMHO it's easier to type, but I think it's more
> important to agree on a standard.  (Now, it just occurred to me that if
> I map shift+space to the underscore character, typing
> lowercase_with_underscores is easier.  You can do this with khotkeys or
> xmodmap.  Now I wonder if I can train myself to use it.)

This might be a nice addition to Idle and PyWin editors, if possible.

Terry J. Reedy