[Python-Dev] Changes to PEP 327: Decimal data type

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Wed Mar 17 21:41:57 EST 2004

[Greg Ewing]
> I just did an experiment which involved running the Python
> script appended below over the Library Reference index.
> The results were:
>
> Total names: 1908
> lower_names: 1684
> Percent lower: 88.2599580713
>
> An 88% majority seems like a fairly clear vote to me. :-)

More importantly, lower_names are correct.  This gets confused in PythonLand
because some major contributors (like Zope Corp) have institutionalized
aWrongPolicy for naming methods.  If you don't believe me, ask Barry.  I
believe him on this issue because he just can't be wrong about *everything*
<wink>.