[Python-Dev] dateutil

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 15 23:30:04 EST 2004

Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:

>>>MO(0) shouldn't be used as it makes no sense, but is the same
>>>as MO(+1) which is the same as MO(1).
>>
>>So there is a hole at 0. Something about that smells wrong.
>

> If you discover what, please tell me. :-)

The current version feels odd to me as well.

I would naturally interpret it along the lines of: MO = MO(0) = this
Monday = today, or the nearest Monday in the future.

Then MO(+1) would be the next Monday after MO(0). In other words, the
parameter becomes a standard offset from the current week, rather than
using a positive 1-based count, and a negative 0-based offset.

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan               |     Brisbane, Australia
Email: ncoghlan at email.com  | Mobile: +61 409 573 268