[Python-Dev] dateutil

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Mar 15 19:39:29 EST 2004

Gustavo Niemeyer <niemeyer at conectiva.com>:

> We might even get some constants like:
>
> end_of_month = relativedelta(day=31)
>
> So that one might do "d+end_of_month".

That reads like nonsense. When I find the end of a month,
I am not "adding the end of the month" to the date.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that this whole
thing is an abuse of the '+' operator.

By the way, can you subtract relativedeltas as well as
add them? If '+' makes sense, '-' should make sense, too.