[Python-Dev] calculator module

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Wed Mar 10 12:27:18 EST 2004

> My thought is to create a pure python module with "pretty good"
> implementations of things found on low to mid-range calculators

Great idea, as always! :)

> Here are a few that may be worthy of a module:
> * Combinations, permuations, and factorial

Only if we can write 3! instead of calculator.factorial(3) ;)

> * A simple solver, given f(x)==c and hi/low bounds, solve for x if
> possible.  (works like Goal Seek in Excel)

+1 zillion. This should be a commodity in most business apps, not the
exclusive domain of one or two.

> * A handfull of metric/English conversions (these could be skipped)

Yes, but make this a set of base classes, so that when Maeda in New
Guinea wants to convert square feet to bilums, she can subclass them.

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries
fumanchu at amor.org