[Python-Dev] calculator module

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Mar 10 07:36:47 EST 2004

    Raymond> I was thinking that if a student's calculator can do something,
    Raymond> then Python ought to handle most of the same tasks right out of
    Raymond> the box.

Hand-held calculators aside, my model for what a computer-based calculator
should be able to do is the graphing calculator which came with Mac OS9.  It
was actually developed by Pacific Tech and bundled by Apple.  There are no
plans for an OS X version.  The screenshots at the URL below will give you
an idea of what it can do.

    http://www.pacifict.com/Gallery.html

Skip