[Python-Dev] (Specific syntax of) PEP 318 - function/method/class decoration

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Mar 8 13:57:12 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 13:48, Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> The positioning is different, though.  C# puts the bracketed list of
> "attributes" at the *beginning* of the declarations, so if we were really
> following C#'s lead, the syntax would actually be:
>
> class [interface] Foo:
>
>     def [classmethod] foo(cls):

After rewriting a bunch of my existing code to use the various proposed
syntaxes in PEP 318, this is the one I ended up preferring.

But again, I think all the issues, opinions, etc. are covered in the
PEP, so it doesn't make much sense to continue to debate the issue.
Hopefully Guido will pronounce on it soon.

-Barry