[Python-Dev] Re: decorators and 2.4

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Jun 29 12:55:07 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 12:45, David Abrahams wrote:

> I just want to point out that Guido has been basically silent ever
> since this discussion re-started and it has now degenerated into a
> mostly-philosophical debate.  I suggest it might be worth waiting for
> him to respond before it spirals any further away from what was asked
> for :)

I doubt he will respond.  I think Guido has decided what the semantics
will be and is just waffling over what syntax to choose.  /I'm/ waiting
for Tim to respond, because he'll get a clear image on his BCR (BDFL
Channel Receptor) a few days before Guido makes up his mind and posts
his pronouncement.

-Barry