[Python-Dev] Re: Dropping decorator syntax for 2.4?

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Wed Jun 9 03:06:32 EDT 2004

> Paul Prescod wrote:
> > How about:
> >
> > from __experimental__ import decorator_syntax

[Nicolas]
> It sounds like a great idea to me.  Making the difference between what
> *will* be in future releases and what *might* be in future releases.

-1

To mark a new feature as experimental is essentially deprecating it
before it ever gets started.  It is a strong discouragement from writing
any programs that use the feature.  Even so, some people will use it and
there will be pressure to keep it even if the syntax turns out to be a
loser.

worst-of-both-worlds-ly yours,

Raymond