[Python-Dev] PEP 330 Python bytecode verification

Michel Pelletier michel at dialnetwork.com
Tue Jun 1 02:59:49 EDT 2004

I have written up a rough draft PEP on bytecode verification:

http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0330.html

I also have a sketch implementation written in Python that I have uploaded:

http://www.daca.net:8080/verify.tgz

This implementation does not really work yet, and there are only a couple of
unit tests, mostly because I am not a bytecode expert, but I think the
framework is pretty close to being usable and I'm getting a better grasp on
the issue.  It is based on the algorithm posted by Phillip Eby, and feedback
on it would be great.

-Michel